Visiting Detroit Lakes
Visitors to Detroit Lakes are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, festivals, and parks.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in Detroit Lakes
- The closest major airport is in Fargo, ND (FAR-Hector Intl.), 46.8 mi (75.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Detroit Lakes
Cultural venues in the city include History Museum of East Otter Tail County, Historic Holmes Theater, and Northern Pacific Depot Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Otter Tail Lake, Lyle Crovisier Memorial Park, and Riverbend Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Thumper Pond Golf Course and Hawley Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Detroit Lakes. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Hawley - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Detroit Lakes
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Detroit Lakes Station. Detroit Lakes may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Detroit Lakes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be -3°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 0°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Detroit Lakes is 27.28 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°F