Visitors can enjoy all that Downpatrick has to offer including the golf courses, cafés, and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and riverfront. Belfast Botanic Gardens, Ulster Museum, and Waterfront Hall are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Downpatrick
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 30.3 mi (48.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Downpatrick
The city's cultural venues include Down County Museum and St. Patrick Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Down Cathedral, Inch Abbey, and Killyleagh Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Downpatrick Racecourse and Castle Ward.
As you plan your vacation to Downpatrick, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 10 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- INCH SCHOOL is located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the heart of Downpatrick. Guests who stay at this 4-star cottage in Downpatrick can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Tyrella House is 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from central Downpatrick. This 3.5-star guesthouse in Downpatrick features free parking.
- Hamilton House Holiday Apartment is 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the center of Downpatrick. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Belfast can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Belfast Botanic Gardens, located 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city center, and Ulster Museum, which is 19.2 mi/30.9 km away.
Dressing for Downpatrick
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Downpatrick each year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F