Travelers to Newcastle give high marks for the relaxing spas and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its mountain views, seaside, and golf courses.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Newcastle
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 32.8 mi (52.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle
The city's mountain views and seaside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Newcastle Beach. Golfing is a top activity, and Royal County Down Golf Course is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Dundrum Castle to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Newcastle. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cherryhill Lodge - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free parking and an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Slieve Donard Resort and Spa - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- The Briers Country House - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free parking and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Newcastle
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Newcastle each year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F