Travelers to Dundee give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, relaxing spas, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, golf courses, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Discovery Point, Verdant Works, and V&A Dundee.
- There are 75 hotels and other accommodations in Dundee
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dundee
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Discovery Point, Verdant Works, and V&A Dundee. The city is notable for landmarks like City Square, Minnie the Minx Statue, and Howff Burial Ground. The city's natural beauty is on display at Dundee Law, Lochee Park, and Camperdown Country Park.
In Dundee, you'll be able to select from 75 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Shaftesbury Lodge - Adults Only - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Ashley House Guest House - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Glamis Castle, located 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the heart of the city, and J.M. Barrie's Birthplace, which is 14.9 mi/24 km away.
Getting Around Dundee
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Dundee Tay Bridge Station, Invergowrie Station, or Broughty Ferry Station. Dundee may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Dundee
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Dundee gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F