Families will find kid-friendly activities in Escanaba, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its lakeside setting, shopping, and festivals. A top sight in the city is Hiawatha National Forest.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Escanaba
- The closest major airport is in Escanaba, MI (ESC-Delta County), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Marquette, MI (MQT-Sawyer Intl.), 44.5 mi (71.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Escanaba
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include William Bonifas Fine Arts Center, Sand Point Lighthouse, and Delta County Historical Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Hiawatha National Forest, Little Bay de Noc, and Ludington Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Delta Plaza Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Escanaba. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lincoln Host Motor Inn - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Menominee - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Inn And Suites Escanaba - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Escanaba
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 40°F and the nighttime average to be 6°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Escanaba gets about 28.50 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 9°F