Families will find kid-friendly activities in Farmington, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries and shopping. In Farmington, there are 33 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Farmington
The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Davidson State Historic Site, Sandy Creek Covered Bridge State Historic Site, and Columbia Park. The city's natural beauty is on display at Elephant Rocks State Park, Taum Sauk Mountain State Park, and Mark Twain National Forest. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Bonne Terre Mine, Crown Pointe Golf Club, and Arcadia Valley Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Farmington. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites FESTUS - SOUTH ST. LOUIS - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Farmington - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Shepherd Mountain Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Farmington
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Arcadia Valley Station. Farmington might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Farmington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Farmington is 44.61 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 24°F