Families will find kid-friendly activities in Flowood, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and baseball games. Top sights around the area include Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium, Mississippi State Capitol, and Mississippi Governor's Mansion.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jackson
- The closest major airport is in Jackson, MS (JAN-Evers Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Madison, MS (DXE-Bruce Campbell Field), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Flowood
Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium, Mississippi State Capitol, and Mississippi Governor's Mansion are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Jackson Zoological Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Flowood. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Airport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn Jackson/Flowood (Airport Area) MS - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Flowood - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Flowood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Flowood gets about 54.37 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 38°F