Travelers to Jackson give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and college vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its baseball games, entertainment choices, and live music. Top sights in the city include Mississippi Governor's Mansion, Mississippi State Capitol, and Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium.
- There are 159 hotels and other accommodations in Jackson
- The closest major airport is in Jackson, MS (JAN-Evers Intl.), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Madison, MS (DXE-Bruce Campbell Field), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jackson
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Mississippi Museum of Art, Mississippi Civil Rights Museum, and Mississippi Museum of Natural Science. The city's natural beauty is on display at Bienville National Forest, Battlefield Park, and Riverside Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Metrocenter Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Jackson, you'll find 159 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Jackson Airport/Pearl - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jackson Clinton - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Clarion Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Other favorite sights in Jackson include Mississippi Governor's Mansion, Mississippi State Capitol, and Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium.
Getting Around Jackson
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Jackson Station. Jackson might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Jackson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Jackson is 54.32 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F