Visiting Fontana Dam
Visitors to Fontana Dam are sure to enjoy the mountain views and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting.
- You'll find 586 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cherokee
- The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 27.4 mi (44.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fontana Dam
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Additionally, you'll find Fontana Lake and Junaluska Museum in the area.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Fontana Village Resort - This 3-star lodge features a marina, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and WiFi.
Dressing for Fontana Dam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 63.11 inches of rain falls on Fontana Dam each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F