Those traveling to Nantahala are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 334 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 39.8 mi (64.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nantahala
Places to visit in the larger region include Bryson City Gem Mine, Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center, and Lakes End Marina. You'll also find Junaluska Museum and Mason's Ruby and Sapphire Mine in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Nantahala, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 118 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Riverfront Cabin on Nantahala River, Minutes From NOC is located 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from the heart of Nantahala. This 2-star hotel in Bryson City features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bryson City is 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from central Nantahala. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Fontana Dam can enjoy access to a marina and 3 restaurants, along with a private balcony. Our customers like its dining options and pool.
- Fontana Village Resort is 13.1 mi (21 km) from the center of Nantahala. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Bryson City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Nantahala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 63.11 inches of rain falls on Nantahala each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F