Visitors to Franklin are sure to enjoy the mountain views and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums, and churches.
- You'll find 274 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Highlands
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 50.7 mi (81.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Franklin
Cultural venues in the city include Franklin Gem and Mineral Museum, Scottish Tartans Musuem, and Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Whistle Stop Mall and Mason Mountain Mine. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Franklin Golf Course and The Factory.
In Franklin, you'll be able to select from 87 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Franklin Terrace - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Carolina Motel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Franklin - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Dressing for Franklin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Franklin gets about 54.21 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F