Visiting Fort Morgan
Families enjoy visiting Fort Morgan though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, cafés, and opera houses.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Morgan
- The closest major airport is in Denver, CO (DEN-Denver Intl.), 53.7 mi (86.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Morgan
The city's cultural venues include Fort Morgan Museum and Bush Area Museum Cultural Center. The picturesque setting of Riverside Park and Doty Pond exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Quail Dunes and Bunker Hill Country Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Fort Morgan. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Overland Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Fort Morgan - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fort Morgan - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Fort Morgan
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Fort Morgan Station. Fort Morgan might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Fort Morgan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Morgan is 13.27 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 11°F