Visiting Fort Smith
History buffs will enjoy exploring Fort Smith, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Smith
- The closest major airport is in Fort Smith, AR (FSM-Fort Smith Regional), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Smith
Cultural venues in the city include Trolley Museum, Fort Smith Museum of History, and Riverfront Amphitheater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fort Smith National Cemetery and Kay Rodgers Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Central Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Fort Smith. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith AR - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fort Smith - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Smith I-540 - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a water park, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Fort Smith
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Fort Smith gets about 45.51 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F