Visiting Fort Wayne
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fort Wayne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, entertainment choices, and museums. Top sights in the city include Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, and Spiece Fieldhouse.
- There are 98 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Wayne
- The closest major airport is in Fort Wayne, IN (FWA-Fort Wayne Intl.), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Goshen, IN (GSH-Goshen Municipal), 45.7 mi (73.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Wayne
Known for its festivals, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Historic Embassy Theater, Science Central, and Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum. Families come for attractions such as Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, and Roush Lake Shooting Range. Notable city landmarks like Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and Berne Clock Tower might be worth a visit.
In Fort Wayne, you'll find 98 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites Fort Wayne - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- TownePlace Suites Fort Wayne North - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Tru by Hilton Fort Wayne, IN - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Fort Wayne include Allen County War Memorial Coliseum and Spiece Fieldhouse.
Getting Around Fort Wayne
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Waterloo Station. Fort Wayne might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Fort Wayne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Fort Wayne gets about 38.34 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F