Visitors to Frankfort are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries and forests.
- You'll find 587 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Manistee, MI (MBL-Manistee County-Blacker), 24.8 mi (39.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 31.2 mi (50.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Frankfort
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Elberta Beach, Frankfort Beach, and Green Point Dunes Nature Preserve. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Old Indian Trail is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elizabeth Lane Oliver Center for the Arts and Frankfort Light.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Frankfort. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Harbor Lights Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Hotel Frankfort - Our customers like the WiFi and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Frankfort
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 34.88 inches of rain falls on Frankfort each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F