Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Franschhoek, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the wineries and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and rural setting.
- There are 100 hotels and other accommodations in Franschhoek
- The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 30.2 mi (48.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Franschhoek
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve, Franschhoek Pass, and Hottentots-Holland Nature Reserve. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Franschhoek Wine Tram, La Motte Estate, and Boschendal Estate are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Franschhoek Town Hall and Franschhoek Art House.
In Franschhoek, you'll find 100 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Cabrière Country House - This 4-star guesthouse features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Holden Manz Country House - With a stay at this 5-star country house, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Vive La Vie - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Franschhoek
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 50°F at night
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Franschhoek each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 46°F