Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fuerteventura, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Fuerteventura Golf Course, Sotavento de Jandia Beach, and Corralejo Beach.
- There are 1451 hotels and other accommodations in Fuerteventura
- The closest major airport is in Puerto del Rosario (FUE-Fuerteventura), 11.8 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Arrecife (ACE-Lanzarote), 46.8 mi (75.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fuerteventura
Cultural venues in the city include Salt Museum, Miguel de Unamuno Museum, and Villa Winter Museum. Favorite family attractions include Oasis Park Fuerteventura and Acua Water Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Punta Jandía Lighthouse, Betancuria Church, and Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe Church.
In Fuerteventura, there are 1451 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real G.L. - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Sol Beach House at Melia Fuerteventura - Adults Only - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Fuerteventura include Fuerteventura Golf Course, Sotavento de Jandia Beach, and Corralejo Beach.
Dressing for Fuerteventura
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 59°F at night
- Fuerteventura gets about 0.20 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 59°F