Visitors to Glacier are sure to enjoy the ski areas and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its opera houses.
- There are 215 hotels and other accommodations in Glacier
- The closest major airport is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bellingham, WA (BLI-Bellingham Intl.), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glacier
The city's hiking trails and mountain views provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. You'll also find Nooksack Falls and Mount Baker in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Glacier, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 215 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Mt. Baker Lodging is 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from central Glacier. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star condo in Glacier can enjoy access to a spa tub and a library, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
- Mount Baker Cabin 5 by RedAwning is located 3 mi (4.9 km) from the heart of Glacier. Located in Glacier, this 3-star chalet features a kitchen, a fireplace, and a microwave.
Dressing for Glacier
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- About 1.65 inches of rain falls on Glacier each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 31°F