Visiting Glaziers Bay
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Glaziers Bay has to offer. There are 77 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Glaziers Bay
Places to visit in the larger region include Wooden Boat Centre, Forest & Heritage Centre, and Pelverata Falls. In the area, you'll also find Home Hill Winery and Snug Falls.
As you start planning your visit to Glaziers Bay, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 27 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Kermandie Waterfront Hotel is located 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center. This 3.5-star hotel in Port Huon features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Port Huon Cottages is located within 4.2 mi (6.8 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star cottage in Port Huon can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Glaziers Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 20.63 inches of rain falls on Glaziers Bay each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 40°F