Visitors can enjoy all that Gouda has to offer including the local tours, churches, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, archaeological sites, and theaters. Wet 'n Wild, Mill Network at Kinderdijk-Elshout, and Arboretum Trompenburg are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 251 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rotterdam
- The closest major airport is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gouda
Cultural venues in the city include De Goudse Schouwburg, Museum Gouda, and Catharina Gasthuis. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Waag and Markt.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Gouda. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus City Hotel Gouda - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- De Utrechtsche Dom - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and parking.
- Campanile Hotel Gouda - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Wet 'n Wild, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the city center, and Mill Network at Kinderdijk-Elshout, which is 9.5 mi/15.3 km away.
Getting Around Gouda
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Gouda Station or Gouda Goverwelle Station. Gouda may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Gouda
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Gouda gets about 32.36 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F