Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gouves, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and water parks. Around the area, top sights include Palace of Knossos, Heraklion Archaeological Museum, and Natural History Museum of Crete.
- There are 128 hotels and other accommodations in Gouves
- The closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gouves
Families come for attractions such as Dinosauria Park, Cretaquarium, and Watercity Waterpark. Additionally, you might want to add Ekklisia Agios Konstantinos to your agenda.
In Gouves, you'll find 128 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 6 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Island-Adults Only - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants.
- Ideal Hotel - This 2-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its dining options and beach locale.
Popular places to visit in the area include Palace of Knossos, 6.8 mi/10.9 km from the heart of the city, and Heraklion Archaeological Museum, which is 8.1 mi/13.1 km away.
Dressing for Gouves
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Gouves each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F