Visiting Granite Falls
Travelers to Granite Falls will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 49 mi (78.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Granite Falls
Places to visit in the larger region include L.P. Frans Stadium, J.E. Broyhill Civic Center, and Hickory Community Theatre. You'll also find Maple Grove and Harper House in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Granite Falls, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 19 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Baymont by Wyndham Hickory is located 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the heart of Granite Falls. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Hickory can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hickory is 5.6 mi (9 km) from central Granite Falls. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Hickory can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Hickory is 9.9 mi (16 km) from the center of Granite Falls. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Hickory can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Granite Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Granite Falls gets about 46.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F