Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gastonia, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Carowinds Theme Park, Bank of America Stadium, and Spectrum Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 562 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charlotte
- The closest major airport is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 27.8 mi (44.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gastonia
The city's cultural venues include Little Theater of Gastonia and Schiele Museum of Natural History. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Eastridge Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Catawba Creek Golf Course and Rankin Lake Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Gastonia. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Charlotte Gastonia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Gastonia - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Carowinds Theme Park, located 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city center, and Bank of America Stadium, which is 18.9 mi/30.4 km away.
Getting Around Gastonia
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Gastonia Station. Gastonia might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Gastonia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 30°F at night
- Gastonia gets about 42.95 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F