Visitors to Gruyeres are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses, bars, and museums. A top sight in the area is Freddie Mercury Statue.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Gruyeres
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 28 mi (45.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 31.6 mi (50.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gruyeres
A couple of favorite places to visit are Tourist Office in Gruyeres and Castle of Gruyeres. Additionally, you'll find Freddie Mercury Statue in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Gruyeres. Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel de Gruyères - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a sauna. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Gruyeres
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Gruyeres Station. Gruyeres might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Gruyeres
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Gruyeres gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 30°F