Visitors can enjoy all that Gstaad has to offer including its mountain views. There are 1065 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 34 mi (54.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gstaad
A favorite place to visit in the city is Swiss Alps. Additionally, you'll find Hohi Wispile and Rutti Ski Lift in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Gstaad, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 109 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Thermal Hotels & Walliser Alpentherme is 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the center of Gstaad. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Leukerbad can enjoy access to 11 indoor pools and 2 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and helpful staff.
- Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic is 17.4 mi (27.9 km) from central Gstaad. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Montreux can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Eurotel Montreux is located 17.4 mi (28 km) from the heart of Gstaad. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Montreux can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
Dressing for Gstaad
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Gstaad gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F