Find Hotels in Guatemala City
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Guatemala City
Travelers to Guatemala City give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its cafés, museums, and volcano viewpoints. Top sights in the city include Paseo Cayala and La Aurora Zoo.
- There are 182 hotels and other accommodations in Guatemala City
- The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Guatemala City
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Children's Museum, National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, and National Museum of Modern Art. The city is notable for landmarks like Torre del Reformador, Avenida La Reforma, and El Obelisco. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the volcanoes and such places to visit as Constitution Square and Kanajuyú Ecological Park.
In Guatemala City, there are 182 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Centric Guatemala City - This 4.5-star hotel in Zona 10 features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Courtyard by Marriott Guatemala City - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Zona 10 features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hostal Villa Toscana - This 3-star bed & breakfast in Zona 13 features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Guatemala City include Paseo Cayala and La Aurora Zoo. One of the top places to see outside the city is La Merced Church, 14.3 mi/23 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Guatemala City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- About 51.06 inches of rain falls on Guatemala City each year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 54°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Guatemala City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Guatemala City, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Guatemala City?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Guatemala City?
Where is the best place to stay in Zona Historico?
What's a favorite place to stay in Zona 10?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to Guatemala City?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation in Guatemala City?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Guatemala City?
Where is the best place to stay near Paseo Cayala?
What about the best place to stay near Universidad del San Carlos de Guatemala?
Recent reviews of Guatemala City hotels
More trip options
- Guatemala City Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Guatemala City Airports
- Hotels in Guatemala City Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Guatemala City Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Guatemala City
- More Hotel Options in Guatemala City
- More Popular Hotels in Guatemala
- Other Hotels near Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends