Harrisonburg Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from more than 101 hotels and other lodging options in Harrisonburg, though there are only 4 economical motels. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Harrisonburg. Top sights include Massanutten Water Park and George Washington National Forest.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Harrisonburg motels to select from:
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Harrisonburg
- Stay within a short 8-minute drive of James Madison University.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Harrisonburg
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 9-minute drive of James Madison University.
Motel 6 Harrisonburg - South VA
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 12 minutes of George Washington National Forest.
Econo Lodge Harrisonburg
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Massanutten Water Park and George Washington National Forest.
- A 24-hour business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Things to Do in Harrisonburg
As you explore the area, you can check out the college campus and take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. People visiting Harrisonburg love its shops.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Massanutten Water Park
- George Washington National Forest
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Edith J. Carrier Arboretum
- Grand Caverns
- Showalter Orchard & Greenhouse
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- A Dream Come True Playground
- Rockingham Fairgrounds
- Back Home on the Farm
Harrisonburg is also notable for its:
- Live music
Best Time to Visit Harrisonburg
Decide when you'd like to visit Harrisonburg by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 20° F
- April-June: 84° F is the daytime average and 34° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 85° F and nighttime averages are around 47° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 71° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 36.42 inches in a year
How to Get to Harrisonburg and Around the Area
|Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional) ||Airport ||12.9 mi (20.8 km) |
|Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle) ||Airport ||31.5 mi (50.7 km) |