History buffs enjoy visiting Helsingor though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art, and waterfront.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Helsingor
- The closest major airport is in Helsingborg (AGH-Angelholm), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 28.1 mi (45.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Helsingor
The city's cultural venues include Museum for Sofart and Danmarks Tekniske Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Saint Olai's Church and Kronborg Slot. Additionally, you might want to add Zealand to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Helsingor. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- B & B By The Sea - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Kyhns Gæstehus - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a café, along with free WiFi.
- Marienlyst Strandhotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and location.
Getting Around Helsingor
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Helsingør Station, Helsingor Gronnehave Station, or Helsingor Marienlyst Station. Helsingor may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Helsingor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Helsingor gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 29°F