History buffs will enjoy exploring Holbrook, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its parks, local tours, and museums. A top sight in the city is Petrified Forest National Park.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Holbrook
- The closest major airport is in Show Low, AZ (SOW-Show Low Regional), 46.6 mi (75 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Holbrook
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Navajo County Historical Society Museum and Old Trails Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chinde Point, Agate House, and Jasper Forest. The desert and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Petrified Forest National Park, Little Painted Desert County Park, and Standin' on the Corner Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Holbrook. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Posada Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Brad's Desert Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western Plus Winslow Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Getting Around Holbrook
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Winslow Station. Holbrook might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Holbrook
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Holbrook is 6.57 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F