Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hoofddorp, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Around the area, top sights include Nes, Concertgebouw, and Stedelijk Museum.
- You'll find 1030 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 3 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 27.1 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hoofddorp
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Winkelcentrum Vier Meren is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Nes and Concertgebouw.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Hoofddorp. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport - Our customers like the central location and overall condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Stedelijk Museum, 8.7 mi/14 km from the heart of the city, and Van Gogh Museum, which is 8.8 mi (14.2 km) away.
Getting Around Hoofddorp
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Hoofddorp Station. Hoofddorp might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Hoofddorp
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Hoofddorp gets about 76.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 34°F