Travelers to Schiphol give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene, and entertainment choices. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and cafés. Nes, Concertgebouw, and Stedelijk Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1035 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Schiphol
A couple of favorite places to visit are Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Schiphol and Amsterdamse Bos. In the area, you'll also find Nes and Concertgebouw.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Schiphol. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to public transit at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a health club, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Stedelijk Museum, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the heart of the city, and Van Gogh Museum, which is 6 mi (9.6 km) away.
Getting Around Schiphol
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Schiphol Airport Station. Schiphol might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Schiphol
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- About 76.57 inches of rain falls on Schiphol each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F