When you imagine your next getaway, you might picture yourself strolling around downtown, taking note of the marvellous settings or the monuments everywhere around you. But Illinois State Museum is one draw you've been especially prepared for. You've wanted to wander there for a while, and the day has finally come to mark it off.
Best Places to Stay Near Illinois State Museum
Hotels near Illinois State Museum
So, you'd like some information about staying near Illinois State Museum?
If you are eager to visit, you will have to journey to Springfield, the state capital.
Stay within 2 miles of Illinois State Museum, with at least 6 hotels or resorts to consider. Only 0.6 miles away is the Wyndham Springfield City Centre. The President Abraham Lincoln Springfield a DoubleTree by Hilton and The State House Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, 0.6 miles and 0.3 miles away, are also worth checking out.
Convenient and value-for-money are a couple of ways that travelers describe the good budget accommodation options in the area. The Mansion View Inn & Suites is a handy option, located 0.3 miles away. A second is the Homestyle Inn & Suites, which is just 0.7 miles away.
A walk of 0.8 miles will bring you to the Carpenter Street Hotel. This accommodation option is truly upmarket, proudly featuring superior comfort and convenience.
As you and your travel partners walk around the pathways that surround Illinois State Museum, stop by Cafe Moxo LLC. Smell the enchanting aroma of coffee and indulge in some delicate pastries. If you want something a little more substantial, take a look at the specials at Robbie's Restaurant, another dining hotspot within walking distance. To finish the night the right way, take one final walk and buy a couple of beers at Obed & Isaac's Microbrewery.
You don't have to travel very far from Illinois State Museum to find other things to do in this vicinity:
- If you like learning about the dates and details associated with politics and government, visit Illinois State Capitol, an important civic building in the area's history.
- Take a guided tour of Dana-Thomas House, a significant historic residence that you are able to see from the inside.
- When you pay a visit to Korean War Veteran National Museum & Library, you'll uncover some new facts about the military and its history.
- It's obvious that there are a great many things we can learn from history, and a guided tour of Lincoln Home Visitor Centre certainly creates a lasting impression.
- Get to know about previous political figures that continue to influence this area today at Old State Capitol, a historic building which has seen the rise and fall of governments of all political persuasions.
People visiting Illinois State Museum commonly arrive by metro. Springfield Station is the nearest terminal and is only 0.5 miles away.
Springfield hotels listed on Expedia supply all that you need, so you will definitely get a place to stay near Illinois State Museum that you'll love. Springfield was a relatively beloved place last year, so you will not be the only one searching. Once reservation time hits, you'll set off with confidence: newcomers of all types recommended their Springfield hotel. Need help deciding? Get all the guidance and information you're searching for.
- "Neat, orderly, and waiting to receive you" is how Springfield hotel rooms operate.
- In search of room comfort in addition to cleanliness? You're on the perfect site.
- The staff at lodging near Illinois State Museum exceed all goal which can only enrich your trip to this stunning monument.
Springfield suites saw greater numbers of visitors in 2016 than the year before that, and it's clear why. You can stay right next door with Expedia's broad roster of hotels near Illinois State Museum.
Interesting Springfield Facts and Figures
Once Illinois State Museum is crossed off your timetable, there are still even more things to see and do in Springfield.
- Enjoy an evening of dancing and drinks to top off your adventure with a bang; when the sun rises, drop in on a local monument.
- Take some time to plan one or more of the activities, and you'll soon also find Springfield knows a few things about hospitality.
- Springfield tourism hasn't been in the guidebooks until recently, but stays have been rising, meaning now is a good moment to book.
You won't regret paying a visit to Springfield, especially when you take advantage of the awesome deals on hotel rooms near Illinois State Museum from Expedia. Bid adieu to the same old scenes and usher in more than a few new selfies!