Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Kapaa, which is also known for its waterfalls. Around the area, top sights include Na Pali Coast State Park, Waimea Canyon, and Lydgate Beach Park.
- There are 330 hotels and other accommodations in Kapaa
- The closest major airport is in Lihue, HI (LIH), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kapaa
The waterfalls and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Kealia Forest Reserve, Opaekaa Falls, and Wailua River State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kadavul Hindu Temple and Iraivan Temple.
In Kapaa, you'll be able to select from 330 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Coral Reef - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Waipouli Beach Resorts & Spa Kauai by Outrigger - With a stay at this 4-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Na Pali Coast State Park, located 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the city center, and Waimea Canyon, which is 17.9 mi/28.7 km away.
Dressing for Kapaa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 65°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 66°F at night
- About 37.01 inches of rain falls on Kapaa each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 66°F