Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Koloa, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, beautiful gardens, and shopping. Waimea Canyon, Poipu Beach, and Lydgate Beach Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 544 hotels and other accommodations in Koloa
- The closest major airport is in Lihue, HI (LIH), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Koloa
The beaches, sunsets, and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Poipu Beach, Anne Knudsen Park, and Moir Gardens are worth a visit. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Shops at Kukuiula and Poipu Shopping Village. Top activities include snorkeling and hiking, while Kiahuna Golf Course, Poipu Bay Golf Course, and Poipu Kai Tennis Center are favorite sights to visit.
In Koloa, there are 544 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa - Our customers like the central location at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course.
- Whalers Cove Oceanfront Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its beach locale and clean rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Waimea Canyon, located 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city center, and Lydgate Beach Park, which is 11.4 mi/18.4 km away.
Dressing for Koloa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 66°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.01 inches of rain falls on Koloa each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F