Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Waimea, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights around the area include Waimea Canyon, Na Pali Coast State Park, and Polihale State Park.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Waimea
- The closest major airport is in Lihue, HI (LIH), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waimea
The city's cultural venues include Kokee Natural History Museum and West Kauai Technology and Visitor Center. The beaches, hiking trails, and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty, and Waimea Canyon, Alakai Wilderness Area, and Koke'e State Park are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mt. Waialeale and Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Waimea. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Waimea Plantation Cottages, a Coast Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
- The West Inn Kauai - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free WiFi and laundry facilities.
- The Cabins at Kokee - This 2.5-star cabin features a restaurant, free parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its bathrooms and walkable location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Na Pali Coast State Park, located 8.1 mi (13 km) from the heart of the city, and Polihale State Park, which is 9.8 mi (15.7 km) away.
Dressing for Waimea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Waimea gets about 19.17 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 64°F