Those traveling to Kearsarge are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Hancock, MI (CMX-Houghton County Memorial), 8.2 mi (13.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kearsarge
Places to visit in the larger region include Italian Hall Historical Marker, Copper Country Firefighters History Museum, and Keweenaw National Historical Park Headquarters. Additionally, you'll find Coppertown USA Mining Museum and Quincy Mine in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Kearsarge, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 23 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown is located 12.8 mi (20.7 km) from the heart of Kearsarge. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Hancock can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quality Inn & Suites is 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the center of Kearsarge. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Houghton can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houghton, MI is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from central Kearsarge. This 3-star hotel in Houghton features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Kearsarge
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 39°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Kearsarge gets about 27.83 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F