Visitors to Kells are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, coffeehouses, and churches. Top sights around the area include Hill of Tara and Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Kells
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 32.8 mi (52.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kells
Favorite places to visit in the city include Headfort Golf Club, St Colmcille's House, and St. Columba's Church. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hill of Tara and Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kells. Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Headfort Arms Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Kells
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Kells gets about 1.06 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 38°F