Visitors can enjoy all that Kenai has to offer including the local tours, riverfront, and volcano viewpoints. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and churches.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Kenai
- The closest major airport is in Kenai, AK (ENA-Kenai Municipal), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tyonek, AK (TYE), 36 mi (57.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kenai
The picturesque setting of Kenai Beach and Cunningham Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Challenger Learning Center and Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Kenai. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Salmon Catcher Lodge - This 3-star lodge features ski slopes, a restaurant, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aspen Extended Stay Suites Kenai - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Daniels Lake Lodge B&B - This 2-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Kenai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 39°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 51°F during the day and 9°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kenai is 18.15 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 64°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°F