Visitors can enjoy all that Kenai has to offer including the local tours, riverfront, and volcano viewpoints. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and churches.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Kenai
- The closest major airport is in Kenai, AK (ENA-Kenai Municipal), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kenai
The picturesque setting of Kenai Beach and Cunningham Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center and Challenger Learning Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Kenai. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Salmon Catcher Lodge - This 3-star lodge features free WiFi, a conference center, and a computer station. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aspen Extended Stay Suites Kenai - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- AllSeasons Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with an in-room kitchen.
Dressing for Kenai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 39°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 51°F during the day and 9°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kenai is 18.15 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 64°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°F