Visitors to Kinarut are sure to enjoy the restaurants and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and local tours. Lok Kawi Wildlife Park, Sabah State Mosque, and Likas Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 399 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kota Kinabalu
- The closest major airport is in Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kinarut
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lok Kawi Wildlife Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sabah State Mosque and Likas Stadium.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Langkah Syabas Beach Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is 1 Borneo Hypermall, 14.2 mi/22.8 km from the city center.
Dressing for Kinarut
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 76°F
- Kinarut gets about 3.66 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas March and August are often coldest, averaging 76°F