Kota Kinabalu Motels and More for the Frugal Traveler
If you're having difficulty finding a motel in Kota Kinabalu, consider some of the motels we suggest around the area or let Expedia help you find something similar from more than 439 hotels and other lodging options. Simply filter using our search tools by price per night or cost-saving amenities such as free parking and free breakfast.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Kota Kinabalu has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Imago Shopping Mall, Sabah State Mosque, and Likas Stadium.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels to choose from in the larger area:
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Sabah State Mosque and Sutera Harbour.
- Enjoy access to the free parking and 24-hour front desk, as well as room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
Summer Beach Lodge
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an LED TV.
- Central Kota Kinabalu is 72.7 mi (117 km) away
What to Do in Kota Kinabalu
Take time to check out the marina and shops in this romantic area while you're sightseeing. Those who've visited Kota Kinabalu like the parks.
Here are some popular places:
- Imago Shopping Mall
- Sabah State Mosque
- Likas Stadium
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Mount Kinabalu National Park
- Poring Hot Spring
- KK Esplanade
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Lok Kawi Wildlife Park
- Sedco Square
- Water World Theme Park
Kota Kinabalu is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Kota Kinabalu
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Kota Kinabalu by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically April and May, while June and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 87° F and nighttime temperatures average 76° F
- April-June: 89° F is the daytime average and 76° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 88° F and nighttime averages are around 76° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 87° F during the day and 76° F at night
- Average rainfall is 3.66 inches in a year
How to Get to Kota Kinabalu and Around the Area
Kota Kinabalu Transportation
|Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.) ||Airport ||4.1 mi (6.6 km) |
|Tanjung Aru Station ||Train Station ||2.4 mi (3.9 km) |