Visiting Le Morne
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Le Morne, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and sporting events. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Chamarel Falls, Ganga Talao, and Tamarind Falls.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Le Morne
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Le Morne
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Le Morne Mountain and Le Morne Beach. In the area, you'll also find Chamarel Falls and Ganga Talao.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Le Morne. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- LUX* Le Morne - This 5-star resort features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this resort. This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach, and a golf course.
- The St. Regis Mauritius Resort - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, 6 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Tamarind Falls, 11.8 mi/19 km from the heart of the city, and Flic-en-Flac Beach, which is 12.1 mi (19.4 km) away.
Dressing for Le Morne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Le Morne each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 65°F