Visitors to Leysin are sure to enjoy the ski areas and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Aigle Castle and Freddie Mercury Statue.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Leysin
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 43.9 mi (70.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leysin
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Swiss Alps. Skiing is just one of the top activities, while Leysin-Berneuse Gondola and Leysin Ski Resort are sights to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Aigle Castle and Freddie Mercury Statue.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Leysin. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Castel Club Leysin Parc Resort - This 3-star aparthotel features free parking, a bar, and laundry facilities.
- Hôtel Central-Résidence - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel le Grand Chalet - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Getting Around Leysin
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Leysin-Feydey Station. Leysin may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Leysin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Leysin gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F