Find Hotels in Lincoln
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $38
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 16, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 26, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lincoln, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and lively bar scene. Welcoming and rural, this city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Top sights in the city include Lincoln Cathedral and Lincoln Castle.
- There are 105 hotels and other accommodations in Lincoln
- The closest major airport is in Hull (HUY-Humberside), 25.7 mi (41.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lincoln
Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln Castle, and Usher Gallery. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Lincoln and Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Joseph Banks Conservatory and Newport Arch.
In Lincoln, there are 105 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Brant House - B&B - Amenities at this 5-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Brayford Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Duke William Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Sherwood Forest Country Park, 21.7 mi/35 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Lincoln
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Lincoln Station, Lincoln St Marks Station, or Hykeham Station. Lincoln might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lincoln
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Lincoln each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F