Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lucan, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, bars, and gardens. Top sights around the area include War Memorial Gardens, Guinness Storehouse, and Christ Church Cathedral.
- You'll find 827 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lucan
A couple of favorite places to visit are Hermitage Golf Club and Lucan Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find War Memorial Gardens and Guinness Storehouse.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Moat Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Christ Church Cathedral, 6.9 mi/11.1 km from the heart of the city, and St. Patrick's Cathedral, which is 7 mi/11.2 km away.
Dressing for Lucan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Lucan each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F