Visiting Mae Fa Luang
Visitors can enjoy all that Mae Fa Luang has to offer including the temples, parks, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and museums. Top sights in the city include Doi Tung Royal Villa and Mae Fa Luang Botanical Garden.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Mae Fa Luang
- The closest major airport is in Chiang Rai (CEI-Chiang Rai Intl.), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mae Fa Luang
Notable city landmarks like Doi Tung Royal Villa and Mae Salong Temple might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Mae Fa Luang Botanical Garden to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Mae Fa Luang, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 18 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Doi Tung Lodge is 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from central Mae Fa Luang. This 3.5-star hotel in Mae Fa Luang features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Maesalong Mountain Home is located 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the heart of Mae Fa Luang. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Mae Fa Luang can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sabaidee Maesalong is 6.2 mi (10 km) from the center of Mae Fa Luang. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Mae Fa Luang can enjoy access to free parking and free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Wat Phra Kaew, 26.1 mi/42 km from the heart of the city, and Wat Pra Singh, which is 26.2 mi (42.2 km) away.
Dressing for Mae Fa Luang
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 95°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Mae Fa Luang gets about 2.36 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F