Think of yourself strolling through the lanes of a fresh place, taking note of the marvellous world or the architecture wherever you look. However, Makerere University is one draw you've been especially counting on. It has been an item on your bucket list for as long as you can remember, and the moment has come to mark it finished.
What Are Some Places to Stay Near Makerere University?
Hotels near Makerere University
Still standing proudly against the slow grind of time, Makerere University is now a favored tourist destination.
It is situated in Kampala, the nation's capital. This vibrant metropolitan area beckons sightseers who come from all over the globe.
Stay within 2 miles of Makerere University, with 16 accommodation options to choose from. The Kampala Serena Hotel and the Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala are 2 miles and 1 mile away. Another handy option, the Sheraton Kampala Hotel, is 2 miles away.
Discerning travelers that like to hear the word 'budget' will be happy as there are some inexpensive accommodation options in the area. You won't have too far to go to reach the Humura. As luck would have it, it's just 0.9 miles away. The Mackinnon Suites is another hotel that can be found about 1 mile away.
Make your time here even more amazing by staying at one of the upmarket accommodation options nearby. Make sure you investigate the latest specials at the Urban by CityBlue, Kampala (0.8 miles away) or the Grand Global Hotel (0.4 miles away).
Sometimes, you need something sweet! Head to UH Mama's Cafe for a snack and a delicious coffee. This popular spot is situated nearby Makerere University. If you've well and truly worked up a hunger, head to Staff Canteen, which is also close by, for a nourishing meal. And finally, make your way to Happy Bar. Have a few beers and chat with your traveling buddies.
You don't have to travel very far from Makerere University to find other things to do in this region:
- History buffs should visit Uganda National Museum, a place where history comes alive to tell the events of the past.
- The idea of going to a burial site as a tourist attraction could appear strange, but Kasubi Tombs appeals to many travelers by virtue of its cultural and historical value.
- If it's open to the public, you can see the impressive architecture of Gaddafi National Mosque from the inside.
- You're likely to stumble upon Namirembe Cathedral at some point during your stay. As the area's principal Catholic church, this site is rich with cultural significance.
- Interested in politics? Take the time to go to Buganda Parliament. The scenes inside this iconic civic building have had an enormous role in shaping the region for many years.
Kampala places to stay here on Expedia have all the things you require, so you can be sure to have options near Makerere University you'll appreciate. Lots of travelers pick Kampala for an excellent holiday, so you will not be the only one. You'll rest assured when you're ready to make your booking, too: many newcomers would suggest their Kampala hotel to a colleague. You're only a click away from all the information you're searching for.
- You'll find it right here if you want accommodations that are soothing plus fresh and tidy.
- Rooms in Kampala hotels are always neat and orderly.
- As you might anticipate near such a marvelous landmark, the staff at lodging near Makerere University provide wonderful service.
With Expedia's diverse selection of hotels near Makerere University, your choice site awaits.
You'll still have lots to see and do in Kampala once you've done Makerere University.
- Savor a delectable snack of its trademark ingredients and make your way into the perfect gallery to search for gifts.
- Take an afternoon to plan one or more of the activities, and you'll soon also realize Kampala knows many things about greeting its newcomers.
- Check out all the pastimes near Kampala and truly leave no stone unturned.
You won't regret paying a visit to Kampala, particularly when you have one of the awesome deals on accommodation near Makerere University from Expedia. Say goodbye to the same old views and call on some new photo opportunities!