Visitors to Kampala are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, theaters, and temples. A top sight in the city is Lake Victoria.
- There are 542 hotels and other accommodations in Kampala
- The closest major airport is in Entebbe (EBB-Entebbe Intl.), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kampala
The city's cultural venues include Uganda National Museum and Ndere Cultural Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Rubaga Cathedral, Kasubi Tombs, and Kabaka's Palace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Lake Victoria.
In Kampala, you'll find 542 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala Skyz - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and WiFi.
- Kampala Serena Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 6 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool.
Dressing for Kampala
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Kampala is 45.38 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while July and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F