Visitors can enjoy all that Marsa has to offer including the shopping, sporting events, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Mediterranean Conference Centre, Fort St. Elmo, and Blue Grotto.
- There are 645 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marsa
Favorite places to visit in the city include Royal Malta Golf Club, Valletta Ferry Terminal, and Grand Harbour. In the area, you'll also find Mediterranean Conference Centre and Fort St. Elmo.
As you make plans for a getaway to Marsa, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 500 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Grand Hotel Excelsior is located 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the city center. This 5-star hotel in Floriana features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach. Our customers like its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hilton Malta is located within 3.1 mi (5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in St. Julian's can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, quiet rooms.
- Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay is 3.6 mi (5.9 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in St. Julian's can enjoy access to 6 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to public transit.
Popular places to see outside the city include Blue Grotto, 4.2 mi/6.7 km from the city center, and Hagar Qim, which is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) away.
Dressing for Marsa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Marsa is 20.28 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F