Find Hotels in Sliema
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sliema, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beaches. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Fort St. Elmo, Mediterranean Conference Centre, and St. Paul's Cathedral.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Sliema
- The closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sliema
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Balluta Bay. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Triq Manwel Dimech, Bisazza Street, and Point Shopping Mall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sliema Promenade and Tigne Fort.
In Sliema, you'll find 69 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Palazzo Violetta - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Two Pillows Boutique Hostel - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hostel. With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to a terrace and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- D Townhouse - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, a rooftop terrace, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Fort St. Elmo, 1.1 mi/1.8 km from the heart of the city, and Mediterranean Conference Centre, which is 1.2 mi (1.9 km) away.
Dressing for Sliema
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Sliema gets about 20.28 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 51°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Sliema?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sliema, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Sliema?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sliema?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Sliema?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Sliema?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Sliema?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Point Shopping Mall?
What about the best place to stay near Triq Manwel Dimech?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Sliema?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Sliema?
Recent reviews of Sliema hotels
More trip options
- Sliema Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sliema Airports
- Hotels in Sliema Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Sliema Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Sliema
- More Hotel Options in Sliema
- More Popular Hotels in Malta
- Other Hotels near Sliema, Malta
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends