Visiting Mastic Beach
Visitors to Mastic Beach are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, entertainment choices, and parks.
- There are 165 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Shirley, NY (WSH-Brookhaven Calabro), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westhampton, NY (FOK-Francis S. Gabreski), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mastic Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Smith Point County Park and Fire Island. Additionally, you might want to add TWA Flight 800 International Memorial to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Mastic Beach, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 33 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Holtsville Long Island is 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from central Mastic Beach. This 3.5-star hotel in Holtsville features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip-MacArthur Airport is located 14 mi (22.5 km) from the heart of Mastic Beach. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Bohemia can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the center of Mastic Beach. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Islandia can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Mastic Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mastic Beach is 47.20 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F